Monday, June 21, 2010

Falafel Royale

I love to cook. I mean really really love to cook. Every single meal I eat is usually made with my own hands. It's pretty rare that I'll blog about food because I make it so often but I was blown away by tonight's meal. The best falafel I've ever had came out of my own little kitchen!!

What made this so special you ask? I tried something new and added grated yellow onion (not as sweet as red and much less expensive), a ton of finely chopped chives (for crunch and general freshness) and the final touch was shredded carrots (they lend a perfect sweetness and hearty texture) into the boring falafel mix. Um, it was amazing. I'm calling this recipe Falafel Royale. It was the perfect blend of ingredients; I only wish I had shaved radishes to add on top.

I made a little side salad too but it's nothing too spectacular - red kidney beans, more yellow onion, more chives, roma tomatoes and a little sprinkle of fresh ground pepper and fleur de sel. It was so simple. I didn't even use olive oil; it was very light and fresh. All produce is so ripe right now I really can't get enough of it.

Dessert was a sugar free orange popsicle. It was also pretty damn good.

1 comment:

Gigi Mercury said...

RINSE AND REPEAT PLEASE. The best cook EVER is your mom. You are a close second.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...