Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cornelia Street


I took this photo on my walk to the L train this morning on Cornelia Street. I bought my little "handyman special" one bedroom classic New York City prewar apartment two years ago tomorrow on June 16th. Happy anniversary Cornelia Street!

I'd also like to take a quick moment today and congratulate Erin Suhy and Dan Wilke on buying their first home in beautiful Philadelphia. Erin just texted me and they FINALLY closed!! They signed and got the keys. THE keys! I am so proud of you both; I can't wait to come and see your new home.

I also listened to more of the new Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti album Before Today this morning on my walk. Take a listen to Revolution's A Lie - what an amazing song, right?

2 comments:

Miss Suhy said...

Good morning, and Happy Homeowner Anniversary! (I love the name Cornelia b/c it was one of the first cafes Di Job and I ate at in Greenwich Village while planning a move to NYC... years ago!)

Yesterday, when they handed us the keys I wanted to barf!
All those $$ figures that I had just signed my life away to... I was a bit stressed!

Then we moved... again!

Then our friends, who currently live in Brooklyn, stopped by! They are moving back to Philly and had also just signed too! They will live 2 blocks from us- BRILLIANT!

"Beautiful Philadelphia" is really known as "Filth-edelphia"! But we love our little Fishtown!

thanks for all your support V!

Nanook of New York said...

It's funny when I tell people I live on Cornelia Street they automatically assume the fancy one in the West Village. Then I say "oh, no the one in Brooklyn" and they say you mean in Bushwick?!Insert crinkled looking face with confusion emoticon here.

I'm coming to visit you guys when you are settled in Fishtown, okay? I want to sit indian style in your grass and then hang by the pool (the inflatable one we make).

Congratulations! I am so incredibly happy and proud for you guys. I know how long and hard you looked - it all paid off (or will in 30 effing years!).

LOVE LOVE, V.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...