Sunday, June 20, 2010

Coasting's Video for Kids

Coasting - "kids" from alice cohen on Vimeo.

I listened to the Brooklyn-based band Coasting on the road trip upstate today. Admittedly, this genre is not at all unique right now (west coast surfer punk soft girl harmonies pop beach boys sound) but perfect for the warmer months and for driving. Above is the lo-fi lady duo's really fun video for their catchy song Kids.

Coasting is playing a few upcoming gigs in Brooklyn. I'll be at the show with the BEETS, one of very favorite local bands! These guys are so cute. I bought a record from their website and the next day they rode their bikes to my apartment from Jackson Heights to personally deliver it. They also gave my super the nicest and most thoughtful handwritten thank you note addressed to me. I mean, how much more "indie" can you get? I love telling that story.

Coasting's Brooklyn Tour Dates:

June 24 @ Union Pool
June 25 @ Matchless
June 26 @ Death by Audio!
July 2 @ Monster Island (also playing: The BEETS)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...