Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nanook Builds Things...


I've recently had a flood in my kitchen that ruined all of my lower cabinets and parts of my wood floors. Yeah, it was a disaster and the second time this has happened. Anyway, I (and my bank account) decided not to install cabinets again but to simply put this IKEA beauty for only $199 in their place. I built her myself last night. Well, that's not entirely true - I had my favorite Fred and the New JBs record, Breakin' Bread and a bottle of malbec to help.

I'm glad to report the flooding issues are taken care of and there were no random screws left when finished. I did slice my hand open though but the malbec helped cure that too.

2 comments:

Miss Suhy said...

excellente!

Nanook of New York said...

Best part about my insane 14 hour fixer upper day on Saturday was when my contractor walks into the fiasco at 8am with the exterminator(kitchen with swelled cabinets and fucked floors) and looks at me and says "Oh, Balerie (yes, Carlos pronounced my name with a B rather than V) you need a husband!!

I was thinking more like I needed an advil and a coffee, but hey, a husband too - why not?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...