Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Early Show @ The Mercury Lounge












Kris and Mike (who was performing) invited me to see his new band the Rewards play at The Mercury Lounge last night. I love love the early shows - you get your drink on, see a few great bands and then get home by 10:30pm. It was a perfect night of early happy hour with Kris at 138 Ludlow (my favorite dive for $3 Guinness until 9pm in the city), cheap tecates, free admission, fun rock show and guest list at the Merc. Again, thanks for the invite guys. I had such a great time!

Photos are taken by moi, Kris and randoms from the night. I promise I'll stop using ShakeIt soon. I'm addicted and can't help it. I shoot with a real polaroid SX-70 and the trusty Holga usually but lugging it around the city all of the time isn't ideal or smart. I love that camera too much to harm it.

Chalkboard marquee
Rewards
More Rewards
Drinky
Kris and Valerie blurry (thanks to the guy who took it)
Soap and TP
The real party
Backstage
Tecates
Stacks
Breaking rules

4 comments:

ladyD said...

I'm jealous. you all are hanging out without us... :(

Nanook of New York said...

I know, I know! I felt guilty. We did talk about you and Dave though. It was so much fun Diana! The band was really good too - really good.

Let me know what your plans are again for Central Park on Saturday. I may stop by for the picnic. The weather will be amazing. Finally.

Kisses, V.

triggermonkeys said...

Awwwww Diana you guys were definitely there in spirit! We all gotta hang soon! (By the way this is Kris). Valerie great blog!

Nanook of New York said...

KRIS!! Thank you again dear for the fun night. God, I was slightly dead the next day but that's because having one more 16 oz. Tecate in lieu of dinner is always a dumb idea on a work night.

Thanks for reading my blog - it's my small life thrown into the internet ether.

Kisses, V.

Oh, BTW - we are SO having a BBQ soon @ your place when the weather stays consistently warm. I'll bring the soy dogs.

Have a great time in Montauk. I'm super jealous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...