Monday, May 17, 2010

Back to Civilization


Okay, so living in NYC has some ups and downs. We all know this. The worst part of urban living (in my opinion) is going to the laundromat. It involves lugging your bags, waiting for hours, getting hit up by homeless people for cash, buying things like tube socks and great dvds for cheap (if you are lucky) and feeling annoyed and anxious the entire time. Basically, doing laundry in Bushwick has been my Dante's Inferno since my washer flooded and my dryer blew out the power in one entire side of my apartment (awesome, right?!) a month ago.

I'm so happy to say this morning was my first in weeks that I finally did a load of laundry in my apartment! For those of you that don't live in NYC and are reading this are thinking big deal, right? Well, this is huge for me. I feel like I've been accepted into civilization again.

The photo above is from musical genius and photographer Aaron Freeman of Ween. The washer and dryer is underneath the butcher block counters (that I sanded and sealed myself last weekend) but I thought that would be a boring photo. Aaron's image of a Barbie Doll sitting in a sink of dirty soap water is better. The duvet cover and shams are IKEA, $15 clearance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...