Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Prince


















Tonight was perfect. I worked late and found my way over to Monster Island Basement on River Street for an evening with Mr. Oldham (thank you Ari for listing me tonight - kisses on you dear) and his recent backing band The Cairo Gang. There were two sets, an early 8pm and a late night. They played a lot of tunes from the new album, The Wonder Show, which is every bit as good as you think it would be.

One thing missing this fine evening was my fellow Bonnie "Prince" Billy fan - Miss Suhy. So wish you were with me...

Early set, home by 10pm and ginger ales. Getting old rules, what what.

3 comments:

Miss Suhy said...

sounds perfect- wish i had been there too! (did i tell you i met him in philly last spring? tres gentile.)

Nanook of New York said...

YES! You called me as soon as it happened. You were talking...I was swooning.

Can you and my husband Danny Boy move back to Brooklyn already please?! Philly doesn't deserve you. I do.

Miss Suhy said...

i was on cloud nine-zo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...