Monday, April 12, 2010

All the President's Pens

All the President's Pens from The White House on Vimeo.

I was just in Washington, DC this weekend for an engagement party on Saturday. I took a long walk through the city before the party and walked past the White House, the National Gallery (beloved museum I used to work at years ago), the National Mall and other beautiful landmarks. The air feels different in the district; it's lighter. Everyone is talking about it. It is progress.

I posted the video above because (1) I'm feeling DC nostalgia and (2) I love random things like this and (3) I will soon have health insurance (in three weeks) after a very long time of not being insured (4) I am so proud my country has reformed our national healthcare. The last time something this big happened was in President Lyndon B. Johnson's administration when the Social Security Amendments of 1965 was put into legislation and ultimately created Medicare and Medicaid for the elderly and poor. This is huge.

Had a lovely Sunday too filled with boats, my favorite 4 year old, 80 degrees, balloons, sunshine, lunch, great friends...

2 comments:

David Hasselhoff said...

No insurance? V, you poor little thing. TG your new job is great!

Nanook of New York said...

Poor.Little.Thing. - don't remind me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...