Sunday, March 21, 2010

NYC Public Library Digital Archive



Sunday and I have a complete love hate relationship. I long for it to arrive all week. I anticipate having just one day that I don't have to work, one day that I don't have to volunteer for MoMA or for New York Cares, or one day that I don't have to take the train, or one day I don't have to walk ten effing miles to do anything, or one day that I don't have to run errands, etc...Sunday is my sacred day reserved (hopefully without too many obligations) for myself. It's the one (rare) day coveted just for me.

This Sunday was spent with the NYT weekend edition (I usually devour the fashion, arts and home & garden portion before noon) paired with my best pressed coffee and some old Loretta on vinyl. She is always conserved for perfect lazy afternoons and late nights.

Anyway, this Sunday was also spent looking through the New York City Public Library's amazing and recently archived impressive digital library (image above from the archives). Please note, this is for total nerds. It's really amazing. The collection in the Arts and Literature section is my new obsession. I now have a new a place to spend hours and hours online looking at the most gorgeous prints and photos of WHATEVER I want to view. What is even more amazing about the site is if you are inspired to own one of the prints, the NYC Public Library has a section that allows you to "click and buy" a print (framed or unframed) for your own home. I had no idea this existed until I was there on Friday for a small exhibition of works on paper and a staff person mentioned it.

This Sunday was also reserved for meeting great pals for a late coffee (which naturally led to proseco on the best patio ever, thank you Patrick!) in the West Village.

As noted, Sunday is love hate. I long for you all week but am sad when you always seem to be the shortest day and tease us with a great time but always remind us that Monday is fast approaching.

Enjoy your week everyone...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the NYPL system great!!!

Miss Suhy said...

"i said that"... bob dylan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...