Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pioneer Town Sounds...


















We all have our favorite songs we play in the car (boo!) or on the walk (yay!) home that are strictly reserved for that time specifically. The warm New York City weather is allowing for later nights out and more beers consumed than usual which is providing for more curated songs on the old iPod.

My latest favorite on the walk home through pioneer town has been Modest Mouse's All Nite Diner. The clip is from their 1998 show at the Black Cat in Washington, DC. I was at this show actually and still rank it one of the best I've seen. Ever.

Hearing this song with the warm breeze felt through the newly cut mullet and perfectly buzzed walk home really makes me smile. It also allows for the sounds of Beirut aka: Bushwick (car alarms, ice cream trucks, sirens, three legged dogs barking, etc...) to be covered up by a little piece of musical genius.

Have I told ya', Have I told ya'...

3 comments:

Domo Arigato said...

Pioneer Town?! More like Desperate Living's Mortville. Just kidding, love you V.

Nanook of New York said...

More like Bartertown: two men enter, one man leaves!!

See you tonight, correcto? 7pm @ 138 Ludlow.

Nanook of New York said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the original rrriot girl, the ever so lovely Miss Erin Suhy.

XX, V.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...