Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Night in NYC...

The current brisk weather (it snowed on Monday morning in NYC already) and fear of what we know is in our very near future has already taken a toll on what has been our regular gang's Friday night happy hour and summer nights out in Brooklyn. We definitely do not have patio temperatures and friends are already going into hibernation. I, admittedly, have not been an exception to the current trend - minus tonight. 

I met BFF Shannon and Adam for a few 'harmless' beers, good tunes and great laughs. I kept mentioning how horrific our summer was (in terms of inferno caldera temperatures) but am already eating my words.  I'll take the heat over the bitter cold any and every day.

Winter, I beg of you, please be gentle. We also listened to Nena's 99 Red Balloons tonight and a ton of Devo. Kinda funny, kinda perfect. Thank you Wednesday night. We needed you...

1 comment:

Ana Ang said...

Come visit me please. I'm having Valerie withdrawals...it's lovely down under here. DO IT.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...