Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dynasty: Catfights, Caviar and Hair

Don't judge. I am obsessed with the prime time television soap opera Dynasty. The plot revolved around the Carringtons, a wealthy oil family residing in (the most glamorous city of all) Denver, Colorado. It was produced by the late great Aaron Spelling and aired from January 12, 1981 to May 11, 1989. Those were  eight glorious years filled with catfights, caviar, gold lamet headbands and over-the-top shoulder pads.

Yes, I have watched every season, every single episode and every amazing haircut. Fallon Carrington Colby (4th photo down) is my fashion idol guru and absolute favorite character on the series.  I remember watching Dynasty as a kid living in Scotland and really thinking Americans must be the most glamorous bunch of people. Boy, we sure are.

Enjoy some of the hairdos.

2 comments:

Miss Suhy said...

love this post and the story that goes with it!

my dad and i watched "Moonlighting" when we lived in Italy.

Nanook of New York said...

How cute Erin! I also remember watching Cagney & Lacey on BBC1 in Scotland as a kid and thinking New York City must be the craziest place to ever live. It really scared me.

Haha!! I'm right smack in the middle of it now.

XOXO.

BTW - we would watch films on an actual projector in Italy. I remember Rocky I and old Popeye cartoons very fondly...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...