Sunday, August 8, 2010

Graceland




I just returned from a day of volunteering, parade watching and getting my hair cut at Graceland in Williamsburg. The salon is located at 677 Lorimer Street (between Frost and Withers) off the L to Lorimer/Metropolitan Avenue stop. One of my favorite things about the salon and tattoo parlor is the decor - a take on Elvis meets ultra baroque meets 1950's kitsch. You can also relax knowing you will get the best cut in your life and do so while listening to vinyl records the entire time.

Cuts are about $75 plus tip and tattoos are $200 an hour. To make an appointment call (718) 384-7677. Josh (in the photo above) is my favorite; he cuts a perfect shag mullet and the nicest guy. Ever.

4 comments:

Miss Suhy said...

let's see the cut... show us your cut!

Nanook of New York said...

God, I can hear you chanting this right now: SHOW US YOUR CUT! SHOW US YOUR CUT!

You are a freak. But a pretty darn cute one... XXOO, V.

Miss Suhy said...

ha ha ha! you were correct! dan used to have a romantic saying for me "let me put it in the cut..."

vulgar!

but, i thought i'd re-use the phrase!

Nanook of New York said...

Um, Danny Boy and I just got divorced. Your comment ruined everything.

Shocking E-Sue, shocking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...