Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not Simply a Chair...

Nakashima Straight-Backed Chair
Admittedly, I am obsessed with chairs.  Yes, they serve a basic utilitarian function but they also can dignify a room, a table or a lonely corner. My current obsession is this George Nakashima straight-backed chair.  The original 1945 design has found a re-introduction and currently being manufactured by Knoll.  I like to call this beauty "Japanese Shaker-style".  The joinery alone is phenomenal; a true art form.

At $634 a pop (not including tax, delivery and tip to carry up a four story Brooklyn walk-up), I may never sit in one but hey, I can fantasize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Love Lurve the chair --- its so yummy and i want to eat it
xoxo Leslie

Nanook of New York said...

I know you love it! God, let's buy 8 of them and put them into our home in Santa Monica.

Pretty please Leslie, pretty please!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...