Monday, July 5, 2010

Heading Home...


BBQs, boats, friends, bus rides, fireworks, baby bundles, mosquito bites, tan lines, pools and countless bud lites...What a great weekend.

I snapped this quick photo of a souvenir shop next door to the home Lincoln died in near H and 8th street in Washington, DC. I'm calling it Lincoln Lite.

Currently on the bus enjoying the ride listening to El Guincho's Alegranza! and heading back to Brooklyn.

Update: Well, it was a great weekend until I got to New York City. So, after a metro train from Virginia to DC and then a four hour bus ride, I was welcomed by a two hour nightmare of trying to get from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

The bus drops us off at 33rd and 7th Avenue where I normally catch the 1, 2, 3 or A, C, E to the L. I chose the 2 tonight because it was closest and lugging two overstuffed and very heavy tote bags. I get off of the 2 train and walk an avenue over (to 6th) underground in what must have been 120 degree temperatures to only find out there in NO L train to Brooklyn today. I was told by several confused, hot and angry passengers to walk the underground avenue back to where I started and go up the many stairs and catch the M14 shuttle bus to Myrtle Wyckoff (luckily my stop anyway) to catch the L to Brooklyn. Sooooo, I waited for the phantom bus for over 45 minutes in the muggiest soupiest weather ever and finally got on and only to discover it wasn't the shuttle at all. I then begged the driver to drop me off on Delancey Street where I was able to catch the M train to Brooklyn. I eventually got to Myrtle Wyckoff. I finally got off of the train and fortunately only had the last leg of my journey home to conquer. Um, a half mile walk to Cornelia Street. Oh, and if you are reading this and thinking "Christ, that sucks" lemme just sprinkle this added bonus onto the nightmare...the thermostat said it was 105 degrees when I walked into my apartment. Yeah, 105.

Dear New York City MTA, you owe me the following: two hours, a pedicure, a new outfit and my sanity please.

New York City kicked my ass tonight. It sure did.

1 comment:

Benji said...

soupy is right. fuuuuuuuck this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...