Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bushwick in NYT Home & Garden

Nine tenants, mostly artists and musicians, eat, sleep and play at Cedar House.
I almost fainted when I saw this story featured in the New York Times Home & Garden section over the weekend. Cedar House is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn (very near my co-op) and is the newest DIY music venue and communal living space to pop up in our neighborhood.

The NYT has been following growth and trends in the 'wick for years now but never EVER in the Home & Garden portion. I'll admit it, Bushwick is a very tough neighborhood and can be an extremely difficult place to live at times but this story has made me beam with pride.

The NYT actually wrote this: "Bushwick may not be East Williamsburg. But for those seeking the newest Bohemia, this neighborhood is arguably the coolest place on the planet."

Soooo beaming...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...